Monday 14 April 2014

Chapter Two....Scene One & Two

Everyone following okay so far? Let's continue with where we left of then...enjoy!


The next day, Raven was in the cafeteria sitting alone at a table having compelled anyone who had dared come close to go sit somewhere else. She picked at the food on her plate, wondering why she couldn’t stop thinking about the guy in her class. It had happened again today, the scent of his blood had permeated her defenses and it was only by running to the bathroom and gulping down the bottle of human blood her father had given her that she was able to cope with it.

“You don’t mind if I sit here do you?” Eric asked not waiting for Raven to answer. He set his tray down and flashed her an infectious smile. “Hi, my name’s Eric,” he said offering her his hand.

Raven after a slight hesitation took it but her mind was reeling. Her compulsion did not seem to work on him. He was sitting there with that charming smile of his, chatting away like she just hadn’t told him to get lost. She tried again, looking deep into his eyes but still nothing happened. Her mother had told her there was only one type of person who could not be affected by their powers of compulsion and she had hinted this town had such kind of people. But what exactly did he want with her?

As if hearing her unspoken question, Eric said “This may sound a bit weird and in the light of things, it probably is but I noticed yesterday that you weren’t very comfortable in our classes and I somehow feel it has something to do with me.”

Raven stared at him, wishing she could read his thoughts. “What do you want from me?” she whispered urgently.

Eric leaned back, surprised at her aggression. What was wrong with this girl? “Nothing,” he said after a moment. I just want to know what I did for you to keep looking at me like you wanted to eat me or something.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Raven said, keeping her gaze level, ignoring his delicious looking neck.

“You don’t know what I’m talking about? Well that’s funny because you’re doing it again. You’re staring at me like some piece of meat and I wanna know why. I can be a dick sometimes but I’m pretty sure of my activities of the one day I’ve been in this school so far and I’m certain they do not include pissing you off so what the hell is going on here?”

“I have no idea,” Raven shrugged. “But since you’re the werewolf, why don’t you tell me?”

“What?” Eric blurted, but before he could say more, she got up and headed off leaving him staring angrily at her receding back.

 

“What exactly did she mean when she said you’re the werewolf?” Tristan asked. They were at the Arena, shooting some pool after school and Eric had been telling his brother about the weird conversation he’d had with Raven. The Arena was almost empty, no one really hanging around after a hearty meal and a quick drink at lunch as was usually the case. Most would be back for an early dinner and as soon as something more interesting appeared on the television other than what was showing now.

“I don’t know, probably some female slang for being too macho or something. I tell you dude, there’s something really off about that chick. I just can’t put my finger on it. I’ll tell you one thing though, that’s the last time I try to be nice. From now on, she’s gonna get exactly what she wants; silencio.”

“Damn! I gotta meet this chick. She’s definitely going on your wall of the ones that got away.”

Eric scoffed. “I don’t see you with your Cinderella.”

“All in good time mate,” Tristan said. “I’ve got a date with her tonight, right here.” He tapped one of the tables for good measure.

“Ha! Aren’t you forgetting a little something Casanova? I may be wrong, which I rarely am, but I seem to recall that she’s got a boyfriend somewhere in the woodwork.”

“Well she certainly hasn’t told me shit about no boyfriend so the way I see it, she definitely wants some Tristan in her life.”

Eric chuckled. “You’re gonna get us ran out of this town aren’t you?”

“If need be,” Tristan replied, “but I’m sure it won’t come to that.”

Eric sunk his last ball, noticing a commotion at the door before Bryce and a couple of his friends walked in. “Heads up,” he said as the group headed straight their way. “We’ve got angry boyfriend twelve o’clock.” Tristan turned just as Bryce and his friends reached them.

Bryce clearly was the leader of this little pack as he stepped up to the pool table, the others just nonchalantly sliding into the seating booths along the windows. “Hi there,” Bryce said. “My name’s Bryce and this is Paul, Luke, and Calvin. You must be the famous Xavier brothers Eric and Tristan.”

“Famous?” Tristan queried. “Now why would anybody call us famous?”

“Well you seem to have caused quite a stir in school, especially among the female species.”

Eric smiled and shrugged his shoulders. He was well aware of his and Tristan’s good looks. A gift from their real parents as their mom would say. “I guess it can’t really hurt our social status to turn a few heads.”

“Oh I totally agree with you,” Bryce said, taking and spinning a pool ball in his hands. “But you see when one of those heads is that of my girlfriend then your social status could have to endure a little bump here and there. You know what I mean?”

Tristan shook his head, a practiced look of confusion on his face. “No actually not really. What do you mean?”

Bryce let out a dry laugh, his mates joining in. “Yeah you’re a funny guy, I’ll give you that,” he said, still laughing. He cleared his throat and walked up to Tristan. They stared at each other face to face, neither one wanting to be the first to back down.

Eric leaned casually on the pool table, calculating the odds. He knew they could handle themselves one on one with Bryce or any of his crew but four against two was maybe pushing it a little, especially with this burly - looking bunch.

“Let’s just get one thing clear here. You stay the hell away from Jade or you might not like life in this town.” Bryce said his voice dangerously low.

“If she really was your girl mate, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation. From the look of things, I’d say she’s fair game.” Tristan said.

Bryce smiled without mirth, turning to walk away. It was the oldest trick in the book and Tristan was ready for the blow when it came. He sidestepped daintily to his left and applied a quick jab to Bryce’s ribs, knocking the air out of his lungs but Bryce was a big lad. He quickly recovered and surprised Tristan by charging and picking him up bodily, slamming him onto the pool table. Then all hell broke loose. Bryce’s friends rushed to help him and Eric took up his cue stick, smacking it hard into the one called Luke nearest to him. Paul advanced on him and Eric swung the cue stick again. Paul caught it and yanked hard. Eric stumbled and fell right into a fist from Luke that sent him careering into the tables and chairs behind him.

Tristan meanwhile, hadn’t been faring any better as he was pulled up and held by Calvin while Bryce used his stomach as a punching bag. Finally deciding he’d had enough after a few punches, Tristan crushed his head hard into Calvin’s face. He heard a grunt and felt Calvin let him go just as Bryce was about to deliver a huge fist to his jaw. Tristan blocked it and in a fine judo move, hurled Bryce over his shoulder.











No comments:

Post a Comment